Unemployment compensation for ex-service members provides benefits for all eligible ex-military personnel. Furthermore, previous members of the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration and US Public Health Service Commissioned Corps are also covered under this program.

If you were on active duty as a US military, you can be entitled to benefits that are based on you service. In order to qualify, you should have been separated from work under honorable terms and conditions. For service members of several branches of the military, the USPHS and NOAA, there is no payroll deduction in order to get unemployment insurance and the benefits.

The state law will determine the amount of benefits that an ex-service member receives, the number of weeks the benefits will be paid and other conditions. When filing a claim, you should get in touch with your State Workforce Agency immediately after you have been discharged. It would also be helpful to get a copy of your service and discharge papers when you file for a claim. In most states, you can file your claim through phone or the internet. It is necessary to determine the requirements ahead of time in order to avoid delays in filing and receiving your benefits.

Share and Enjoy:
  • Print
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Blogplay

Comment now!