If you lost your job without your fault, then you are entitled to receive unemployment benefits from both the federal government and your state. It is necessary to know the different kinds of unemployment benefits to ensure that you receive all benefits and allowances you are entitled.

The primary benefit for the unemployed is the jobseeker’s allowance for those who are actively looking for a new job. The two types of this allowance are the income-based and contribution-based. Contribution depends on how much you paid in National Insurance Contributions for the last two years and could be paid up to six months. Income-based are is based on your income and savings and paid until you find a new job. The new deal programme provides you benefits and support when looking for a new job including preparing for work and training. The Income support benefit are designed for those who will not be able to work full time, aged 16 to 59, a single parent and disabled or caring for a sick elderly.

You could avail of a housing benefit if you are out of job and need financial support to pay all or part of your rent. The tax credits are payments from the federal government if you have at least one child who lives with you. If you are separated for civilian employment with the government, you may qualify for unemployment insurance. You need to provide an SF-8 form, which is provided by the government employer and they will verify wages and information on your separation. The unemployment compensation for ex-military personnel is for people who served in active military service in the last eighteen months. To qualify, discharge papers should be provided.

Share and Enjoy:
  • Print
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Blogplay

Comment now!